A very popular design, this mask features curved plastic lenses and is exceptionally light, comfortable and with the best peripheral vision around... and all at a great price.
- Super low-volume, best field of vision available due to the curved lenses
- Light frame is super comfortable
- Soft silicon skirt can be detached and reattached for cleaning
- Easy to adjust mask-strap is fastened directly to the frame, not the skirt, making it more durable
- Comes in a handy wee plastic box to keep it separate from all the horrendous things that end up in the bottom of my gear bag, and to keep those plastic lenses from getting scratched
- Now comes in a variety of colours with clear or black silicon skirt
Please note, the plastic curved lenses take some adjustment if you haven't worn them before, and also, unlike tempered glass lenses which are pretty much bomb-proof, plastic lenses can be scratched easily so it's recommended to make use of the protective storage box in your gear bag. NEVER scrub these masks out with toothpaste like you would a glass lense, the reason this works for glass is because toothpaste cleans the glass with abrasion and it will scratch your plastic lenses up immediately.
The mask comes with a factory applied anti-fog coating on the inside of the lenses, try not to touch the lenses with anything or rub them in order to keep this coating intact. When it eventually wears off, some people may have issues with mask-fogging (possibly people with hotter faces than others? a future research subject). Professional diving mask anti-fog solutions can then be used as long as they are smooth gels and won't scratch the plastic (check manufacturers specs if unsure). Another method is to use drops of "no more tears" baby shampoo, which work as an anti-fog and don't irritate the eyes. (some people use dishwashing detergent but don't get that on your eyeballs!)